Saturday, November 29, 2008

Annie's Haircut

Before: After:
I took the oldest two girls to church this morning, because we volunteered to help with the Angel Tree. When we were done I surprised them with a trip to the hair salon. Normally my SIL will cut their hair, so this was the first time that either of them has sat in a salon chair with all the mirrors. They were pretty excited! We did a bit of boring grocery shopping, stopped at Pizza Hut for some Book It pizzas and headed home. When we got home Annie was a bit bummed that she didn't get a hair cut too. So after bribing her with eating her lunch all gone, I got the scissors out and started working on her hair. My intentions were to go about shoulder length, but she had some pretty tricky curls in the back and I ended up going shorter than planned.
Her response... "But Mom, I want my hair like Daddy's!"
I guess it wasn't too short after all!
I put a little bow in the front and she has been smiling since.

All of my girls have short hair now... well Molly's is at her shoulders, but that is short compared to what it used to be! Someday they will all look at pictures and ask me why?
My answer... it's SO much easier! Molly used to complain, whine, and repeat "Ow" whenever the hairbrush would leave the bathroom. Multiply that by a few more girls and getting ready to go anywhere was not very enjoyable. Now they can all brush their own hair and be ready to go. More important that that, they all wanted shorter hair. So if they ever look back at pictures and question my logics... it's right here in writting.

To My Girls,
You all asked for shorter hair, you pointed to where you wanted it cut at and I simply paid for it all (I'm a bit more guilty with Annie, I was holding the scissors) It's not my fault if you are reading this 10 years from now and laugh at pictures of yourselves...I didn't do it, you did- Although I do think it is really REALLY CUTE!
Love ya, Mom



8 comments:

Unknown said...

My girls are getting theirs cut on Tuesday! I am so excited!! Getting a bunch of girls hair done is NOT fun! I think her hair looks really cute!

Good to hear from you! It has been to long since you have posted :)

Anonymous said...

She looks great with her new hair cut and big smile. How could she not be cute - look from what she came from. I have had the picture on the computer and her eyes are just a glowing with that big smile as well.
Love Dad

Mari said...

It looks realy cute! It's nice to hear from you again too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, so I knew the haircut was adorable, and she was happy, but I had NO IDEA that you'd taken that much off!! They all look adorable, it doesn't matter how long (or short) their hair is...just please please please...no mushroom cuts!! ;)
Love ya!
-KY

Steph said...

So super cute!
Glad to see you around again!
And cute cute doggie!

KATE said...

SO cute! good job with the hair cut!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, now that is just TOO cute!

KATE said...

I hear ya on the blog rut! I'm the same. I guess it's a rut that expands thru my entire life! I have nothing note worthy to write about! I also have no brain function left to figure out what to write about, or put the few things we do into words! Yikes, I'm bad!!