- I started a countdown to Easter. They each made an envelope and put 40 "tickets" in it. The ticket is just a piece of purple paper cut into a rectangle. Then they each made a cross on each ticket. Everyday they take out a ticket, write down what they would like to pray about that day and we stick it on the cross. They have enjoyed this and I think it helps remind them that Easter isn't just about a bunny.
- A countdown chain to our Florida trip. This actually was an idea to just keep them busy and get them to stop asking me if we are going tomorrow, the next day or the day after that. They simply cut strips of paper and glued them all together. It's pretty long~ we aren't going till April :)
- I made a chart of "extra" jobs that they can do. Anytime they do one of these jobs, their initial goes into the box. At the end of the week I will count up the initials and they can earn some spending money for the Florida trip. And because they are clueless about what they can spend their precious pennies on, we spent some time online together looking up Florida trinkets. "Mom, why do you have to buy seashells if you can find them on the beach?" "Just cuz, now go clean something!" Ha ha :) Oh and this chart does NOT include the job chart they do everyday anyways, those have no cash value, they are just expected. Don't want ya to think they are getting paid for brushing their teeth or making their beds! :)
- What have you been up to?
- What jobs do you expect of your children, and what are your extras?
- Do you do anything special for Easter?
- Anybody else traveling for Spring Break?
~~~Make sure to keep reading~~~2 Posts Today!~~~
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!